Cherry Red Records to re-issue Vince Hill’s albums ‘Edelweiss’ & ‘Look Around’ on CD!
Independent record label, Cherry Red Records are to celebrate Vince Hill’s ‘life in music’ with a new CD series of original album re-issues.
The first title in this series arrives on April 28th in time for Vince’s ’55th Anniversary’ as a Solo Singer – it pairs two of his most beloved albums including 1967’s “Edelweiss” which was a Top 20 hit in the UK and 1971’s “Look Around (And You’ll Find Me There)”. Both albums were digitally re-mastered from the original master tapes. The enclosed CD booklet comes with a reflective introduction by Vince Hill himself. Pre-Order the new CD now from Amazon: http://amzn.to/2l8fq8M
“I am truly thrilled that Cherry Red Records have decided to re-issue on CD my original studio albums. I have so many happy memories of recording these songs at Abbey Road Studios during the 1960s and 1970s. I do hope that my fans enjoy the music!” – Vince Hill
The re-issue of the “Edelweiss” album celebrates the ’50th anniversary’ of the million selling No.1 UK hit single ‘Edelweiss’. The album contains a wealth of show tunes; as well as ‘Edelweiss’ and ‘The Sound Of Music’ from “The Sound Of Music”, there’s ‘One Hand, One Heart’ and ‘Maria’ from “West Side Story”, ‘I Love You, Samantha’ from “High Society”, ‘Stranger In Paradise’ from “Kismet”, ‘I Have Dreamed’ from “The King And I” and many others.
Show tunes and film theme songs also abound on his 1971 album “Look Around (And You’ll Find Me There)”. On it, he pays homage to some of the world’s finest songwriters, among them Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein II, Michel Legrand, Francis Lai, Rodgers & Hart and Bacharach & David with compositions as varied as ‘What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?’ from “The Happy Ending”, ‘(Where Do I Begin?) Love Story’ from “Love Story” and an intriguing cover of the songbook standard ‘(They Long To Be) Close To You’” made famous by The Carpenters just the year previously to Vince’s very own version.
The bonus track on this compilation of these two Vince Hill albums is a another intriguing cover version, a spirited lounge core take on Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hey, That’s No Way To Say Goodbye’, recorded originally as a stand-alone single in 1970. The single notably received a rave review in music bible the Melody Maker (Nov 28th 1970 Ed) which proclaimed Vince’s recording of the Cohen classic to be an “Excellent Record” – they further commended Vince for the way he “Expressively handled” the poignant lyric!
Pre-Order the new CD from Amazon: http://amzn.to/2l8fq8M
- THE SOUND OF MUSIC from ‘THE SOUND OF MUSIC’
- ONE HAND, ONE HEART from ‘WEST SIDE STORY’
- I LOVE YOU, SAMANTHA from ‘HIGH SOCIETY’
- TILL THE END OF TIME
- I HAVE DREAMED from ‘THE KING AND I’
- STRANGER IN PARADISE from ‘KISMET’
- MARIA from ‘WEST SIDE STORY’
- SMILE from ‘MODERN TIMES’
- FORGOTTEN DREAMS
- TAKE ME BACK AGAIN
- EDELWEISS from ‘THE SOUND OF MUSIC’
- ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING THE REST OF YOUR LIFE? from ‘THE HAPPY ENDING’
- MY OWN TRUE LOVE from ‘GONE WITH THE WIND’
- (WHERE DO I BEGIN?) LOVE STORY from ‘LOVE STORY’
- I WILL WAIT FOR YOU from ‘THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG’
- IF YOU LOVE ME (I WON’T CARE)
- LOOK AROUND (AND YOU’LL FIND ME THERE)
- WHERE OR WHEN from ‘BABES IN ARMS’
- A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME from ‘A HOUSE IS NOT A HOME’
- SOMEWHERE MY LOVE (LARA’S THEME) from ‘DR. ZHIVAGO’
- (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU
- A TIME FOR US (LOVE THEME) from ‘ROMEO AND JULIET’
- HEY, THAT’S NO WAY TO SAY GOODBYE (BONUS TRACK)